Thursday, July 12, 2012
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
2 lb lean ground beef
1 pkg (1 ounce envelope) dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 white onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 container mushrooms, sliced
2 can(s) (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of chicken/mushroom soup
1 pkg(1 ounce) dry au jus mix (i like to only use 3/4 of packet)
1 can(s)(10oz) beef broth/beef consomme
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, coated in cooking spray. Quickly brown patties on both sides in the hot skillet.
3. Coat the sides and bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray.Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.
4. Using pattie skillet, saute onions until slightly caramelized. Add mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes. Add cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, and broth/consomme to skillet; de-glaze pan. Pour over the meat.
5. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.
Yield: 4-5 patties