Thursday, July 12, 2012
2 lb lean ground beef
1 pkg (1 ounce envelope) dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 white onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 container mushrooms, sliced
2 can(s) (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of chicken/mushroom soup
1 pkg(1 ounce) dry au jus mix (i like to only use 3/4 of packet)
1 can(s)(10oz) beef broth/beef consomme
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, coated in cooking spray. Quickly brown patties on both sides in the hot skillet.
3. Coat the sides and bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray.Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.
4. Using pattie skillet, saute onions until slightly caramelized. Add mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes. Add cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, and broth/consomme to skillet; de-glaze pan. Pour over the meat.
5. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.
Yield: 4-5 patties
2 (6 oz) cans of salmon (no skin or bones)
1 sleeve of Ritz whole grain crackers, finely crushed
1/4 cup finely minced onion or 4-5 green onions minced
1/4 cup pepper (green, red, orange,etc), finely minced
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon Cajun/Creole seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
oil for frying
1. In large bowl, place all ingredients, except frying oil; gently combine until well blended.
2. In a skillet heat about 2 Tablespoons of oil. Form salmon mixture into patties (mine were about the size of a smushed golf ball). When oil is hot enough add patties, a few at a time, to skillet.
3. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and hot. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve warm.
Yields: 9 Cakes
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,186,155174-229200,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 (3 oz.) box Jello
3/4 c. boiling water
1/2 c. cold water
Mix Jello in waters first and set aside.
1 yellow cake mix
Mix cake mix according to package directions. Bake and let cool 20 minutes. Poke holes in cake with toothpick. Pour Jello over cake.
1 env. Dream Whip
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 c. cold milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine ingredients for icing - beat until stiff. Spread on cake - refrigerate. (Strawberry Jello is very good). Top with fresh strawberries.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
pinch dried rosemary
pinch of salt
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of ground pepper
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup grated romano cheese
1-2 loaves frozen bread dough, completely thawed and let rise
1 fully cooked italian seasoned/plain rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bone and chopped
2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
1 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups italian cheese blend, shredded
1. Garlic Butter: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Blend in garlic, rosemary, and salt. Set aside.
2. Pizza Dough: Pre-heat oven to 400°. After dough has completely thawed and risen until doubled. Turn out on a greased pizza pan, spreading to edge. Poke dough repeatedly with a fork to get minimal rise. Spread garlic butter over crust with a pastry brush. Cook dough in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and pierce any air bubbles that rose while baking, flattening surface.
3. Alfredo Sauce: Melt butter, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Add flour, creating a roux. Whisk in milk and Romano cheese. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce and the chopped chicken. This helps the meat from drying out while cooking.
4. Assemble: Cover dough with alfredo sauce. Then add mozzarella cheese over sauce. Top with torn spinach, sliced mushrooms, and cooked chicken. The last layer is an Italian Pizza blend cheese (or additional mozzarella).
5. Bake: Put in the oven at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let set for 3-5 minutes before cutting.
3-1/2 quick cooking oats
1 (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk, warm in "hot" water (I usually get the fat free stuff)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3-1/2 to 4 cups "stuff" (combination of morsels, nuts, dried fruits, coconut, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover a 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan with foil (make sure it goes up and over the lip of the pan). Spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl; mix together oats, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and "stuff" until well blended. Press mixture flat into pan.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired doneness. You want them lightly brown around the edges. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares. Cover bars and top of pan with another large piece of foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray and seal tightly. Flip pan, using a cutting board for support, upside down and let bars cool completely.
1 package pasta, shape of your choice
1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
10+ grape tomatoes, halved
4-5 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced/chopped
1 package salad pepperoni (minis)
1/2 lb sausage, cooked and drained (can substitute with hamburger)
1 can sliced black olives, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup Italian-style salad dressing (can make your own)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain.
2. In a LARGE bowl, combine cooked pasta, peppers, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, olives, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss together.
3. Right before serving, add dressing and cheese; mix well.
3 Jennie-o turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust
2 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup pizza cheese
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms
1 (2.25 oz) can black olives
15 oz can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon water
1. In a skillet, cook the turkey sausage until cooked through. Add onion, green pepper, and galric; cook over medium heat, drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, bring tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir 1/2 cup of sauce into meat mixture; keep remaining sauce warm.
3. Unroll pizza crust on a floured surface. Roll into a 12 inch circle; cut into 2 sections. Spread ricotta cheese over each section to about 1/2 inch of the edge. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, mushrooms, and olives.
4. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; press edges together with a fork to seal.
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet. In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisk together. Lightly brush over calzones with a pastry brush. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining sauce.
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 small carrots, thinly sliced diagonally (about 1/2 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup sliced celery
3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 can (10-1/2 oz) turkey gravy or 1-1/4 cups homemade turkey gravy
turkey, cooked, sliced or chopped (several pieces of turkey per sandwich)
4 french sandwich rolls, split
1. In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot margarine, cook carrots, onion, celery, and thyme until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in gravy. Heat to boiling. Add turkey. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
3. Lightly butter bread, place on a cookie sheet and broil until slightly golden. Place bread on serving plates.
4. Divide turkey and gravy mixture evenly among bread slices. (Can top with cheese and broil if you desire.
1 egg or 2 egg whites
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® condensed cream of asparagus soup
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup water
4 cups hot cooked rice
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Beat the egg in a shallow dish with a fork or whisk. Dip the chicken into the egg. Coat the chicken with the bread crumbs.
2. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until well browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
3. Stir the soup, milk and water in the skillet and heat over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice. Sprinkle with the cheese.
1/2 lb mild/hot Italian sausage
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1. Preheat oven to broil. Prepare a broiling pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk, onion, garlic, and seasoning. Add hamburger and sausage (remove from casings if purchased that way)and mix well.
3. Shape mixture into 20 meatballs and place on broiling pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce, pasta/bread.